Downtown Trick-or-Treat, is hosted by the Downtown Billings Alliance, and has been a popular and safe Halloween alternative for the Billings’ community for 21 years. This free community event brings thousands of children in costume downtown to trick or treat at over 50 participating businesses that offer candy, healthy treats, and unique Halloween themes or activities.
This fun event has grown over the years and has become a popular event for day cares, schools, and families.
The Downtown Billings Alliance office at 116 N 29th St., Suite A operates as headquarters for the event and provides maps of the route and trick or treat bags for the children.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What you Need to Do:
- Click the button above or view the printer friendly participation document linked below and either drop it at the DBA office or email it to email@example.com
- All participating business will need to provide their own candy/treats to hand out. 2,000 pieces is the suggested minimum.
- Day of, swing over to the DBA office between 10am and 12pm on Tuesday, October 31st for a bundle of balloons and strings (non inflated) for you to use as identification markers for Trick or Treaters to come your way.
The DBA provides:
- The marketing for the event.
- DBA office will give out free Trick or Treat bags and printed list of participating locations to the children & families.
- Digital google map of the participating locations available the day of on downtownbillings.com
- A bundle of 3 balloons and strings (non-inflated) for each participating business to pick up at the DBA office between 10am – 12pm on Tuesday, October 31st. We no longer provide helium balloons due to the global helium shortage.
Important Note: To have your business location listed on printed list of participating locations you must have your application submitted before Oct 25th. All participating locations will be listed on the online accessible google map.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them
- Always walk on sidewalks.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- This event is for kids 12 and under, all trick or treaters must be accompanies by an adult.