Downtown Trick-or-Treat, is hosted by the Downtown Billings Alliance, and has been a popular and safe Halloween alternative for the Billings’ community for 19 years. This free community event brings thousands of children in costume downtown to trick or treat at over 60 participating businesses that offer candy, healthy treats, and unique Halloween themes or activities.
This fun event has grown over the years and has become a popular event for day cares, schools, and families.
The Downtown Billings Alliance office at 116 N 29th St., Suite A operates as headquarters for the event and provides maps of the route and trick or treat bags for the children.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
TRICK OR TREAT MAP COMING OCTOBER 29, 2020!
- The DBA will offer Trick or Treat bags to the children and families at their office along with a printed list of participating locations.
- Participating business’s are responsible for providing candy for their business. 2000 pieces of candy is the suggested minimum.
- If you would like 2 helium balloons to put outside your business to be used as a guide for the Trick or Treaters, please pick them up at the DBA office between 10am – 12pm on Friday, October 30th.
Important Note: To have your business location listed on printed list of participating locations you must have your application submitted before Oct 28th. All participating locations will be listed on the online accessible google map.
*Printer friendly participation doc linked below.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them
- Always walk on sidewalks.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Join kids under age for trick-or-treating.
- If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, tell them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.