- This event has passed.
Trick or Treat 2021
October 29, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Downtown Trick-or-Treat, is hosted by the Downtown Billings Alliance, and has been a popular and safe Halloween alternative for the Billings’ community for 19 years. This free community event brings thousands of children in costume downtown to trick or treat at over 60 participating businesses that offer candy, healthy treats, and unique Halloween themes or activities.
This fun event has grown over the years and has become a popular event for day cares, schools, and families.
The Downtown Billings Alliance office at 116 N 29th St., Suite A operates as headquarters for the event and provides maps of the route and trick or treat bags for the children.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What you Need to Do:
- Click the button above or view the printer friendly participation document linked below and either drop it at the DBA office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participating business will need to provide their own candy/treats to hand out. 2,000 pieces is the suggested minimum.
- Pick up your 2 helium balloons at the DBA office between 10am and 12pm on Friday, October 29th to place outside of your business as a guide for Trick or Treaters to come your way.
Highly Encouraged COVID-19 Precautions:
For the safety of your staff, the attending families and young community members please consider the following for this event.
- Use low-touch/no-touch candy distribution methods (ie: candy shoots, grab-n-gos, controlled/limited entry, outdoor distribution, etc). If you need ideas our team has a handful.
The DBA provides:
- The marketing for the event.
- DBA office will give out free Trick or Treat bags and printed list of participating locations to the children & families.
- Digital google map of the participating locations available the day of on downtownbillings.com
- 2 helium balloons for each participating business to pick up at the DBA office between 10am – 12pm on Friday, October 29th.
Important Note: To have your business location listed on printed list of participating locations you must have your application submitted before Oct 27th. All participating locations will be listed on the online accessible google map.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them
- Always walk on sidewalks.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Join kids under age for trick-or-treating.
- If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, tell them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.