- This event has passed.
The Return of Billings First Friday
May 7, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
First Fridays in downtown Billings is BACK!!! First Friday is a monthly promotion that highlights the best our downtown community has to offer. Fridays tend to be busy, but for Billings, the first Friday of the month tends to be the busiest and that’s exactly how everyone likes it. Many downtown shops have special after hours happenings, restaurants feature First Friday specials, and you don’t have to look far for local entertainment, and Art.
The First Friday happenings, promotions, specials, and details take place at various locations all around downtown and will each be listed as an event on the Downtown Events Calendar.
Downtown Billings businesses have committed to being a Clean & Safe place for the community to come while practicing proper COVID-19 public safety measures.
– Identification for registration
– Face Mask (Required in many of the downtown businesses so make sure you have one on hand).
– Courtesy (Thank you for being kind to all the downtown workers who show up daily to help make downtown a place we want to keep coming back to, please be kind and courteous to them and the other patrons).
– Hand sanitizer (All locations with Clean & Safe signage have hand sanitizer available for their customers to use) but it’s never a bad idea to bring your own.
With the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, the Downtown Billings Alliance keeps the health and safety of our community members as a top-priority. We ask that you:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Maintain 6′ distance from others not in your immediate family
- Sanitize and wash your hands often
DBA Member Resources
1) The DBA will promote and market First Friday and the submitted events/promotions/activities with social media posts and email marketing. The real success of the event will be up to the commitment of participating businesses to be consistent and offer something out of the norm (events, promotions, or specials) on First Friday days.
2) We believe in the value of working with your other downtown neighbors to enhance the downtown experience. The DBA stands behind the concept of ‘abundance breeds abundance’ and “A Rising tide lift all boats.” Meaning when First Friday falls in conjunction with an ArtWalk, or any other event hosted downtown it will only enhance and increase the downtown activity as a whole. The concentrated efforts of First Friday shows a variety of happenings to draw more of the community to downtown.
You betcha! First Friday happens 12 months a year. and is not your typical traditional event format, as it’s not located in a specific footprint. First Friday happens at the participating locations and we, the DBA, will market and promote each location’s happenings while also adding additional community engaging opportunities to draw more people downtown for the day and night.
Billings ArtWalk is a member-driven event that falls on the first Friday of every other month (6 times a year). The community looks forward to the opportunity to mingle and explore local and regional artists at various locations downtown promoted by the ArtWalk organization. The Billings ArtWalk has been around for many years and has a wonderful momentum and does their own marketing for their event as well.