Downtown Summer Sounds 2: Milky Chance
July 9 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$44
Downtown Summer Sounds 2 has been added to this summer’s calendar! This 2nd Summer Sounds outdoor concert event is made possible thanks to the hard work and hustle of The Pub Station & downtown Billings teams.
Purchase Tickets on sale 10am Friday, June 17, 2022
This is an all ages outdoor downtown summer concert featuring: Milky Chance
at the downtown Billings Skate Park parking lot 24 S. 26th St. Billings, MT
Saturday, July 9, 2022. Gates open at 5pm/ Show at 6pm
German duo Milky Chance are known for their hooky, laid-back pop that touches upon folk, reggae, and electronic sounds. They initially broke through with their 2013 debut Sadnecessary, which included the chart-topping single “Stolen Dance.” The album earned them two Echo Award nominations and paved the way for their 2015’s Blossom and 2019’s Mind the Moon. In early 2022, the band offered up the compilation album, Trip Tape, which contained a series of covers and remixes.
Singer/songwriter Clemens Rehbein and DJ Philipp Dausch first met in an advanced music course while in high school in Kassel, Germany, where Rehbein played bass in the jazz ensemble. Originally, Rehbein and Dausch played together in a local band, but after graduation, the group broke up and Rehbein and Dausch continued as a duo. In 2013, after playing two promising live shows, Milky Chance began work on their debut album. When they were finished, they uploaded several of the tracks, including the catchy “Stolen Dance,” to YouTube. To their surprise, the song became a viral hit, racking up millions of views and leading to several sold-out tour dates. Milky Chance’s full-length debut, Sadnecessary, appeared on Lichtdicht Records in 2013. With the album charting on the German charts and Billboard Top 200, the duo reissued “Stolen Dance” with the single hitting the charts across Europe and the U.S.
By 2015, they had toured the U.S. and been nominated for several European awards. In 2016 the duo returned to the studio to record their sophomore album. The resulting Blossom — which was released in early 2017 — saw the pair pushing their sound further in new directions. A third full-length, Mind the Moon, arrived in November 2019 and included the single “Daydreaming” featuring Tash Sultana. Milky Chance kicked off the next decade with the 2020 single “Don’t Let Me Down,” a collaboration with singer/songwriter Jack Johnson. 2021’s “Colorado” served as the lead single for their next project, Trip Tape. Released in early 2022, Trip Tape consisted of remixes of previously recorded material along with cover songs by a range of artists from Nirvana to the Kid LAROI.
Rules and Policies:
Weather: The concert will be held rain or shine. Be prepared for extremes such as heat, wind or rain. Dress accordingly, as the temperature may drop noticeably after sunset. No umbrellas please.
Smoking: NO smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.) is allowed on the grounds with the exception of the Smoking Area.
Photography: Cameras with removable lens, video cameras and recording devices are not allowed.
Food and Beverages: Food and beverages will be available for sale. No other food or beverages will be allowed.
Seating: No chairs allowed (ie. folding/camping/etc.).
No Re-Entry: Once you have entered through the gates, you may NOT exit and re-enter
• Chairs; any & all versions(ie. folding/camping/etc.)
• All large bags, cases, parcels and containers are subject to inspection upon entering the venue site.
• Alcoholic beverages
• Animals (exception for certified service animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skates, Segway’s, golf carts or unauthorized means of transportation
• Coolers or picnic baskets
• Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material.
• Firework, explosives or any other incendiary devices.
• Glass or metal containers
• Aerosol cans or illegal substances
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray or handcuffs
• Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons, any type of projectiles, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.
• Large umbrellas, tents or canopies
- We encourage all attendees to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Patrons feeling sick, having symptoms of COVID-19, having been in contact with person(s)who have COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, are in quarantine for anything in relation to COVID-19 should not attend.
- As we all know, conditions can change rapidly and we are committed to ensuring the safety of our Communities to the best of our ability. Thank you for your continued support, and participation in this regard.