- This event has passed.
Downtown Chalk on the Walk
August 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $5
Join us downtown for an opportunity to help make some temporary public art! You are invited to draw chalk masterpieces in designated locations on the sidewalks around the Downtown Core. This Downtown Community sidewalk art initiative aims to spread positivity during these uncomfortable and uncertain times we are in.
The Event Theme: Summer Vacation
Create your masterpiece that fits the event theme, summer vacation, within an assigned square downtown.
- Pre-registration required. Limited number of squares locations.
- Email LRichardson@downtownbillings.com to register for a FREE 3ftx3ft sidewalk square location.
- $5.00 cup of pastel chalks available (while supplies last ) for pick up Friday, August 7 (10am -4pm) or Saturday, August 8 (10am -1pm) at the downtown Billings office, 116 N. 29th Street Suite A. (a Mask must be worn in to pick-up chalk pastels). Your $5.00 Payment is tax-deductible, non-profit donation.
- Adults & children over 5 are invited to participate (every child needs to be accompanied by an Adult 18 years of age or older at all times).
- 3ft x 3ft squares will be assigned to pre-registered Individuals or to groups of no more than 3 people.
- Create your art within your assigned square
- In the event of forecasted rain, the day’s event will be rescheduled.
- This is an all ages and all skill level art event!
- You must wear a mask when checking in at the DBA office for you square location and purchasing you chalk pastel cups.
- There will be a minimum of 10 ft between squares to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- There is hand sanitizer located at the DBA office during the event times
- 3 public hand washing stations are available in downtown (One at 1st Ave N & N. 28th in front of Big Dipper Ice Cream, one on N. 28th just south of Skypoint, and one on 4rd Ave N and N. 27th near Billings First Church).