- This event has passed.
ABT: The Children
August 15, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
One event on August 15, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The Children by Lucy Kirkwood
In a remote cottage on the lonely British coast, a couple of retired nuclear engineers are living a very quiet life. Outside, the world is in utter chaos following a devastating series of events. When an old friend turns up at their door, they’re shocked to discover the real reason for her visit.
Craig Huisenga, director of The Children and Artistic Director of Yellowstone Repertory Theatre, says the Artistic Ensemble read the play together and agreed that Billings audiences deserved to see it. “Our Ensemble chose The Children for our season because it is funny, surprising, suspenseful, and shocking. We loved the characters and the setting of the play is torn from the daily headlines.”
YRT’s production features Artistic Ensemble members Susan Kennedy Sommerfeld as Hazel, Elizabeth Alexander as Rose, and Vint Lavinder as Robin. Set and costume design are a collaborative effort by the cast and crew, with a major assist from Nathan Blanding. Davison Schanno designed lighting and Ryan Gage created the soundtrack, with original music from Steven Zediker, leader of the Slainte/ Pug Mahon’s Traditional Music Session.
*THIS PLAY CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER AUDIENCES*
Yellowstone Repertory Theatre’s mission is to bring professional theatre to Billings and the surrounding region by creating a committed ensemble that dares the artist, while captivating and inspiring the audience.
Tickets $22 adult, $17 student + additional fees by the phone and ABT Website. No processing fees at the ABT Box Office Window, M-F 10-5pm. Tickets on sale NOW!
How to navigate ABT’s New Ticketing Portal on Website:
- Login to your account
- Click “Calendar” on the top right corner of the page
- Locate event and click “Buy Tickets”
- Enter Promo Code in text box and click “Apply Code”
- Click “Book Now”
- Choose your preferred seats on the seating chart and click “Continue”
- The seat will be listed on screen with a check box for an optional $5 donation to the theater.
- Choose your preferred delivery option then click “Continue”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click “Terms and Conditions” check box and click “Continue”
- Verify your address onscreen or update it if necessary by clicking the option Use Another Address. Click Continue.
- Enter in your credit card information and click Confirm Payment.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email on file.
This is an invitation only event, a part of the ABT summer series to test systems now that the historic $13.6 million remodel and expansion is complete. This is YOUR INVITATION to join us! Help us test our new lighting, sound, points of sales in concessions, and ticketing system. And take advantage of this second chance to see this memorable production that was closed early due to COVID Spring 2020.