2023 Downtown Summer Sounds: Lyle Lovett and his Large Band
July 23 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm$45 – $50
Lyle Lovett and his Large Band are heading to downtown Billings Sunday, July 23rd for the 2023 Downtown Summer Sounds concert event, a ticketed, all ages, outdoor concert that will take place once again at the spacious downtown Billings Skate Park parking lot, located at 24 S. 26th St.
Coordinated by the Downtown Billings Alliance & The Pub Station Presents teams. Funds raised from the Downtown Summer Sounds concert go toward downtown’s Business Improvement District (BID) and help fund street beautification projects like the downtown flower baskets, public art installations, and a number of large community events such as the recent St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celtic Fair, Alive After 5, Strawberry Festival, HarvestFest, and the Holiday Parade.
on sale 10am Friday, April 7, 2023
This is an all ages outdoor downtown summer concert featuring: Lyle lovett and his large band at the downtown Billings Skate Park parking lot 24 S. 26th St. Billings, MT.
Sunday, July 23, 2023. Gates open at 5pm/ Show at 6pm
Lyle Lovett a singer, composer and actor, has broadened the definition of American music in a career that spans 14 albums. Coupled with his gift for storytelling, the Texas-based musician fuses elements of country, swing, jazz, folk, gospel, and blues in a convention-defying manner that breaks down barriers.
Whether touring as a ‘Duo’, with his ‘Acoustic Group’, or his ‘Large Band,’ Lovett’s live performances show not only the breadth of this Texas legend’s deep talents, but also the diversity of his influences, making him one of the most compelling and captivating musicians in popular music.
Since his self-titled debut in 1986, Lyle Lovett has evolved into one of music’s most vibrant and iconic performers. Among his many accolades, including four Grammy Awards and the Americana Music Association’s inaugural Trailblazer Award, Lovett was named Texas State Musician. His works, rich and eclectic, are some of the most beloved of any artist working today.
Rules and Policies:
Weather: The concert will be held rain or shine. Be prepared for extremes such as heat, wind or rain. Dress accordingly, as the temperature may drop noticeably after sunset. No umbrellas please.
Smoking: NO smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.) is allowed on the grounds with the exception of the Smoking Area.
Photography: Cameras with removable lens, video cameras and recording devices are not allowed.
Food and Beverages: Food and beverages will be available for sale. No other food or beverages will be allowed.
Seating: Single size, low-profile lawn chairs permitted in designated areas (no higher than 32 inches total from the ground to top of chair).
No Re-Entry: Once you have entered through the gates, you may NOT exit and re-enter
• No purses/bags sized over 8 & 1/2″x11″. All bags, cases, parcels and containers are subject to inspection upon entering the venue site.
• Alcoholic beverages
• Animals (exception for certified service animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skates, Segway’s, golf carts or unauthorized means of transportation
• Coolers or picnic baskets
• Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material.
• Firework, explosives or any other incendiary devices.
• Glass or metal containers
• Aerosol cans or illegal substances
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray or handcuffs
• Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons, any type of projectiles, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.
• Large umbrellas, tents or canopies.
Sept. 3, 2022 – Billings’ Skate Park rock’n summer sounds concert – YourBigSky.com
July 25, 2022 – Downtown Summer Sounds 3 event feat. Kip Moore added… – internal
June 15, 2022 – New Downtown Summer Sounds outdoor concert added to the calendar July 9th – internal
Mar. 21, 2022 – County star Koe Wetzel headlining 2022 Downtown Summer Sounds concert in Billings – KTVQ
Jun. 23, 2021 – Downtown Summer Sounds concert returns July 31 – Billings Gazette
Feb. 8, 2019- A New Summer Concert comes to Downtown Billings – KULR8
Venue map coming soon.
- We encourage all attendees to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Patrons feeling sick, having symptoms of COVID-19, having been in contact with person(s)who have COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, are in quarantine for anything in relation to COVID-19 should not attend.
- As we all know, conditions can change rapidly and we are committed to ensuring the safety of our Communities to the best of our ability. Thank you for your continued support, and participation in this regard.
Our sponsors are amazing. Their sponsorships allow us to cover the costs of our large free community events and allow us to make these events a success and memorable for the whole community.
Want to add your meeting or event to the calendar?
We’re always looking for good volunteers! If you’re interested in getting involved, contact our Event Director, or sign up for our Volunteer newsletter below: