Downtown Billings Alliance (DBA) Development Director
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a business retention and expansion (BRE) program and the ongoing administration of the City’s Tax Increment Financing District (TIFD), the main urban renewal incentive tool.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a retention program per the FY2017-2018 Strategic Business Plan and under the guidance of the CEO/President
- Using advanced analytics to target businesses in high growth clusters and to identify companies at risk of relocation for direct contact and assistance
- Developing and implementing the Urban Renewal Plan of the Expanded N. 27th TIFD.
- Monitoring land use in the TIFD to alleviate blight and encourage high density, mixed use development
- Administration of the TIFD eligibility determinations, grant estimating, grant payment calculations and processing, contract management, overall program performance tracking via the facilitation of the Downtown Development Committee.
- Maintaining ongoing working relationships with previous and existing TIFD assistance recipients to support and encourage future growth and expansion
- Reporting directly to the CEO/President of the Downtown Billings Alliance
- Interacting with the Board of Directors of the Downtown Billings Partnership, Inc.
- Assists in responding to inquiries concerning office, residential, retail and service development and business occupancy opportunities; tracks availability and cost of lands and buildings suitable for commercial development, business occupancy and residential development
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience as described by a majority of the responsibilities/qualifications, above and a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Administration, Communication, Finance, or in related field
- Direct experience with economic development incentive programs, including contract administration, fiscal analysis and payment calculations
- Strong understanding of budget development, both public and private sector.
- Strong understanding of business cluster analytics and ability to develop recommendations and conclusions from analytics
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with corporations and other private sector developers, while adhering to confidentiality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with local, state, and federal agencies; establish and maintain working relationships with realtors, developers, prospects, and site selectors; write effective applications and proposals; administer projects effectively and efficiently; and to be flexible and handle multiple assignments and priorities.
- Willingness to study and research a wide range of topics pertaining to special projects, gathering information to support decision-making and project implementation.
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to professional standards and behaviors with the public and partner organizations.
- This position provides support for the economic development and redevelopment process; both residential and commercial; including site feasibility assessments, financing program application, public approval processes, construction planning and oversight, infrastructure development, and community development. Knowledge of the principals and practices of real estate development and prospect management is helpful.
- Ability to respond professionally to inquiries or complaints from residents, businesses and partners, and effect solutions to problems in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to work independently when needed while keeping the CEO/President informed as well as work under the direct supervision of the CEO/President
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a staff position with an anticipated annual salary range DOE. Comprehensive benefits package including health and life insurance, paid leave, and simple retirement account participation.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE) Downtown Billings Alliance, 2815 2nd Ave. N., Billings, MT 59101
Please submit questions or inquiries and attach a cover letter and current resume to
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS OCTOBER 30, 2017
DOWNTOWN BILLINGS ALLIANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER